Thursday, March 21, 2013

Close Encounters of the 6th Purple Kind

I know.  I know.  Long time, no post.  But in my defense I have been beading, beading, beading away.

Just a few days into Fusion Beads 30 day challenge my beading muse began bombarding me with ideas for jewelry that I'll be submitting for publication. I've had to say goodbye to the challenge in favor of developing ideas, writing tutorials, and taking pictures.  It's been a long time since I had anything published, and I'm looking forward to getting myself back into it.  

In the meantime I thought I would share with you a deliciously purple necklace I made using a Caldera triangle from Kate McKinnon's book Contemporary Geometric Beadwork.  It's the first in a series of necklaces that represents each of the 7 basic chakras. 


In other non-bead related news I just finished a 30 Day Belly Dance Challenge and I'm currently participating in a 21 day meditation challenge.  The harder of the two has definitely been the meditating.  I can commit to dancing anytime, but sitting still and training my mind to be quiet for as little as 10 minutes is taking some monumental effort, and in some ways is more exhausting and rewarding then dancing.

Also, starting in April I'll be doing a 28 day yoga challenge with fellow beadiac Jennifer Chaslow VanBenschoten.  Please join us if you can!   

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful necklace, with a beautiful purpose! And can I just say that I'm very, very, very excited to be embarking on that yoga challenge with you, SaraBeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful necklace! I love how the different shades of purple crystal just flow into each other.

    You should send a pic to Kate to go in the eBook gallery or Volume 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jennifer. I have the rest of the triangles beaded up and just finished bezeling the last of the rivolis, so now all I have to do is string 'em up!

    And thank you, AJ! I already sent her a pic.

    I also have something interesting planned for the Rick-Rack Bracelet, but it's a big project so it will be a few months until it's finished.

    ReplyDelete